Thursday 29 January 2015

Flies that have caught this January

Various events have so far contrived to keep me in since the monday pike trip so I thought I would show the flies that I have been catching with so far this year on river and stillwater. I won't go through the patterns but if you want to know tying instructions please get in touch.


The top two show the stillwater flies that have been successful so far this year including the 10 fish I had recently.
I took my 2 fish limit bag that I showed on an earlier post on the lure top left which is a cats whisker variant with a lead wire underbody. The next 8 were on the fly top right which  I often fish static but this produced nothing. As soon as I started to draw it slowly through the water they suddenly found it irresistible.
The bottom 3 flies have caught me grayling and out of season trout on the Nidd this month. They are all weighted in order to get to the riverbed quickly where the grayling will be.
The size 12 pink shrimp on the left is the Davy Mcphail version I mentioned in an earlier post. The 2 nymphs on the right have tungsten bead heads and are size 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment