Tuesday 10 February 2015

Sunny Day Blues

Being the old charmer that I am I thought I would go out and catch my wife a nice stillwater rainbow for her wedding anniversary. But to my horror the whole lake was frozen over. As I had left it until late morning there was little else to do but go home and collect my pike and chub gear which I knew would be all ready. I am lucky to live near plenty of good fishing. I decided on the Nidd to see if I could improve on my blank that I endured on my first trip. I picked two new swims and did they look good

 
 


But same result again - not a touch. What is it ? It may be devoid of fish. The fish may hate the bright sun as much as me or is it......... I will not consider the third choice !!!

My wife had to do with a nice bottle of wine instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment