Saturday 7 November 2015

My favourite time of the year

I do like going out fishing from autumn until the end of the course season.That usually means deadbait fishing for pike on rivers and stillwaters, stillwater trout fishing and grayling fishing on the Yorkshire rivers.
I went out fishing three times this week. On the first occasion I was on the River Ure after pike. I couldn't get on the swim that I wanted as someone was already in it. In fact there were 4 anglers in the car park which is quite unusual at this time of year.
I had one take during the 3 hour session which produced a small jack pike on sardine


The next trip was on a foggy day after the trout on my club Stillwater. I tied a few copies of the fly that worked well last time out. I had a circuit around the lake without any interest. The new fly was sinking a little quicker than last time so I put on the same fly from last time. I had 2 fish on the first 3 casts! It just shows small differences can have a huge affect on your catch rate. I finished up with 6 fish in about 3 hrs. Here are 3 of them




The final outing and I was back on my beloved River Ouse. On a rainy day I managed just one pike again. Sardine outfishing lamprey on this occasion

No comments:

Post a Comment