Saturday 18 March 2017

French Nymphing tactics

I am quite happy with my Stillwater Trout fishing techniques but I have never felt really happy with my catch rates on the river. I catch fish but I feel I could do better. I have decided to try French Nymphing tactics this season on short and long lines and have invested in a 10ft 3wt rod - a DT 3wt line, a quality tapered French leader ,a new 3 wt reel and a bicoloured indicator. Will be tying suitable flies to match the outfit so will let you know how I get on. May need to try various nearbye venues as my local club water is challenging at the moment as the stocking of brown trout has been stopped in order to increase the number of native fish - which I support. Can't wait to try new techniques - we should never stop learning !!

No comments:

Post a Comment