Thursday 12 March 2015

glad to get out

After what has been a very difficult week recently it was good to get out for a few hours to my club trout stillwater which is only 15 mins from my house. It was good to see the tyre tracks on the walk down to the lake - confirming the e mail I had from the club secretary that the water had been stocked 2 days previously. I signed in and saw that the guy who I chatted to on the way in had 21 fish so my head was giddy with expectation. My mate Stuart was at the peg by the entrance gate and after exchanging info about sampling on the Nidd I set up a chamois worm pattern under an indicator. I had one and it was a fish that took me down to my backing as it careered across the lake leaping completely clear of the water 5 or 6 times. In spite of this sudden surge of excitement it was clear after half an hour that my method wasn't what they really wanted. Off came the indicator and on went a size 10 white marabou lure that I tie with a fluoro green antron body. This proved to be decisive. I managed 5 quality fish in the next hour to end a welcome return back to fishing. I will be out for pike and/or chub tomorrow depending on conditions as I wake up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment