Friday 27 March 2015

Prime number Trout

Well hopefully things will calm down for a while on the parent front and I'm looking forward to a few day away next week. We are stocking the river tomorrow with some brown trout but I chose to fish the Stillwater today for the rainbows. We got some stock from the same guys that do Leighton reservoir and I can honestly say I have never known such hard fighting trout. I had 6.5 lb tippet on but the way they smashed into the buzzers resulted in occasional losses.When you hooked one they would charge about the lake leaping out of the water 2 or 3 times. I finished off catching 17 trout on different coloured buzzers for what must have been 50 lb minimum of quality fish in about 4 hrs. I am helping the stocking operation tomorrow on the river and after a week away they should be in fine fettle when I get back - so hopefully some brownie pics in two weeks time.
p.s the lake trout are really good tasting fish !!

No comments:

Post a Comment