Thursday 30 April 2015

Back to the bows

It was a bit windy and a bit showery today and I thought my few hours around lunchtime would be better spent trouting on the lake rather than the river. I was encouraged to find rising fish close to the entry that looked like they were taking emerging buzzers. A glance across the lake saw a couple of anglers pulling flies through the water without much luck as I tackled up. I decided to try my static buzzer approach but the strong wind would ensure that there would be action on the fly. It seemed to work. My size 10 white buzzers were often grabbed and the line would start moving towards the middle of the lake. I managed 10 fish in just over 2 hours and took my first 2 fish

 
 At least half of the fish were blue trout I think. Very enjoyable short session. I do like my string pulled !!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment